SEO, why is it so important?
SEO is probably the last thing on any businessman’s mind. However it can be the most rewarding if and when used in any business.
SEO means Search Engine Optimization. It allows the search engine to make it easier to locate your item or product on the web.
It offers greater searchability and visibility in search engines and is the best way to bring in organic traffic to your website.
Let’s take a look at why SEO is important and how it can give your business a boost.
1. Organic Search
We all know, the best type of traffic to our online platforms is organic search traffic.
Organic search traffic is natural, super targeted and free!
It also plays a huge part of your website’s performance. The more organic search you have, the more your site will rank on Google, giving maximum exposure to your business performance.
I refer to Google because Google owns a significantly larger portion (around 75%) of the search market than competitors like Yahoo, Bing, Opera and many more.
Want to know how you can get on Google’s search page organically? Read here.
2. Builds Trust & Credibility
Once your website starts building trust and credibility, SEO can set the perfect foundation to bring you up in more search engine results with the keywords you use.
An SEO driven website gives a positive user experience and is easy to navigate. It is easily discoverable in the search engine results allowing more visitors to find your website with ease.
Just like anything, building trust takes time. Same with Google, it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year for Google to obtain full credibility of your website. The higher the authority of your website, the higher it will rank. Here are some examples to increase your authority:
- Quality backlinks – A quality backlink is a link from your website on another credible websites page. A good way of getting these can be by guest posting on other blogs.
- Positive user behavior – Ensure your website is safe for the users. This ensures maintaining your website daily and deleting any spam access which may have found it’s way onto your site. By this I mean spam comments, always delete these. Ensure to always provide correct and accurate information and reference back to the original creator if using their information on your website.
- Optimized on-page and off page SEO.
3. SEO Brings In Customers
Customers do their research when looking for an item they want to buy. This is one of the biggest advantages of using SEO to bring in that customer to your website as opposed to someone else’s.
Using the right terms and keywords to describe will allow your site to show up when a customer searches for that specific term. That’s one of the biggest advantages of the internet from a buyer perspective, the fact that they can find the item they are looking for with ease.
Using SEO tactics to get the right item across to the right audience will allow you to bring in the right customers for your business. This is a game changer.
For example, You sell a silver bracelet. If your title, description and tags are all optimized with the correct words that a customer may search for, then you will most likely show up in the top search results for that item.
A business should be visible so customers can find you. The best way to make yourself visible is by utilizing the efforts of SEO.
4. SEO Is A Great Investment
Ofcourse, if you wish to hire an SEO specialist to help optimize your blog or website, that’s absolutely your choice, depending on your budget.
However if you wish to start yourself with a low or no budget cost, then yes SEO is still doable and free.
SEO can include, optimization, speed check, targeted long tail and short tail keywords and much much more.
But investing in a good course or SEO specialist will be a good benefit to your website for the future. Don’t take this as a marketing cost, instead take it as a true business investment.
5. SEO Is A Long-Term Strategy
Although we’d all love if SEO could be noticed as soon as we implement it, it doesn’t. SEO can take up to a year to take affect and once it does it can last a lifetime.
Don’t lose hope, If you don’t see results straight away. The SEO organic search method takes time.
Top Tip: Submit your site to “Google Search Console” so it can crawl your website for any new updates. This can make the process for your site to appear on Google search faster.
Still, it is worth understanding how certain actions are supposed to affect performance and growth, and hopefully that should make you understand your site better.
6. Get on Page 1 of Google
It’s no secret in the world of Google SEO that if you’re not on Page 1 of the search results, you’re likely not playing the game right!
Research shows that most of the clicks happen on the 1st of Google.
If you’re not there, that’s where you need to be.
Ofcourse, getting on the first page of Google isn’t easy, but it’s not rocket science either.
Here are some tips to rank on the first page:
- Understand how SEO works, so you can begin implementing it from the moment you add something new to your website.
- Study your competition – the key is to keep an eye on what your competitors are doing and note down their every move so you can outscore them.
- Keyword research – Keywords is how your audience finds you. So make sure to include plenty of them.
- Make your Page Title & Meta description relate to your relevant keywords.
- Include long tail and short tail keywords
- Write long content – long content is more than 2000 words. Google loves rich content.
- Rinse and repeat for all new additions on your site.
Is your website SEO optimized? Leave me a comment below.
Post tags: why seo is important for your online success, why seo is important for small business, why seo matters, importance of seo in digital marketing, benefits of seo, why your business needs seo, what is seo and how it works, types of seo
Related Post: 11 Best tools to find the best KEYWORDS for SEO success!