Baby weaning is so much fun, but can be daunting if you have no clue where to begin. It’s best to introduce the right foods at the right time in your baby’s development by following a child food chart. This routine is specifically for over 8 month olds, if you want something to start weaning earlier then check out “Super easy foods to first wean your baby“.
A baby’s routine will be very much different than a mother’s routine. They simply have different appetite’s and most importanlty different digestive system capacities. So the question is that what types of food charts should be introduced and in what intervals and in how much quantity?
Let’s have a look:
- So in the early morning from 7 to 8 A.M provide breakfast or as well as formal milk.
- From 9 A.M to 10 A.M provide a light snack. I prefer some fruit.
- Again from 11 A.M to 12 P.M you can provide milk or porridge
- From 1 P.M to 2 P.M provide lunch, remember to include a mix of carbs, vitamins, fibre protien etc.
- 4 to 5 P.M provide another light snack
- 7 to 8 P.M provide dinner, a mix of all the food elements.
- You can also give a bottle /breastmilk at 9 to 10P.M to ease bed time sleep.
Related: Best sleep routine for baby revealed!
Try to include as many fruits , natural fruit juices, water ,veggies and proteins on a daily basis.
How much quantities of food you should provide your baby ?
Always start with half quantities. If your baby finishes there portion easily, then they are ready for a full upgrade! Any new type of food, always introduce it in small quantities so your baby can get used to it first. Sudden new foods can cause your baby to detest! You can always slowly increase the intake of your baby’s meals once they have started eating comfortably. At 8 months you can introduce Finger foods, such as potato sticks, carrot sticks, pumpkin sticks etc. It’s the perfect time for your baby to handle this type of food as their jaws get stronger.
Food chart of 8 months or above child :
- Cheese : Cheese is a great source of protein and acts as a great finger food.
- Natural spice : As little as possible. These can help boost the immune system and protect your child from illnesses. An example is Mustard seeds.
- Natural Yoghurt – good source of calcium.
Need more baby weaning and sleeping tips: Check them out below.
The ultimate feeding positions for your baby